Thursday, June 29, 2006

Everybody Hates Beckham

Looking through my traffic reports, I see that something like 35% are coming here to read an old post trashing Beckham. In fact, Beckham Sucks! is the 4th ranked google search for those terms. Wow.

That post was written in 2004, during the Euro 2004 tournament, where Mr. Posh Spice sent a penalty kick flying over the net. And, although my reasons for disliking David remain intact, I have to say his performance in this year's World Cup may prove that he does not, in fact, suck. In fact, I will give him credit for playing sick and for puking after his goal. Sure, some players take off their shirts and prance around after a goal, but how many have included a bit of vomit in their celebrations?

Anyhow.. I thank y'all for stopping by and sharing your dislike for Mr. Posh Spice. And I still stand by my original statements that Becks was not the best midfielder when he played for Man U (Ryan Giggs was) and that he is not the best player for England (Rooney and Owen are clearly better).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home