Friday, December 01, 2006

Goats Are Good for Cheese

But not so much for ice cream and yogurt. In my never ending search for food that is tasty and full of protein I came across ice cream and yogurt made from goat milk. As you may already know, goat milk is one of nature's most complete sources of protein and at least one supplement company is bringing it to the bodybuilding industry.

Anyway.. I'm at Whole Foods (the best supermarket on earth) last Saturday night and I feel like something sweet. So I head over to the ice cream section and find me some goat's milk ice cream. Now, I could have gotten either Black Mission Fig, Deep Chocolate or Snowflake Vanilla. The first two would have clearly blunted the goaty flavor, but being the snowflake that I am, I went for Vanilla. Bad idea. I've had only a couple of spoonfulls thus far. It clearly needs some chocolate syrup or something to take away the farm flavor.

Just a couple of days after that experience I once again find myself at Whole Foods in need of yogurt. And what do I spot, but goat milk yogurt. You know I am too dumb to have learned my lesson from the ice cream. So, here I am writing this with a bowl of yogurt at my side. Of course, I put in plenty of cinnamon and a packet of Splenda. And, you know what, it doesn't taste half bad.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being the snowflake that you are..... hmmmm. I think you should elaborate...

8:48 PM  
Blogger Life Hiker said...

You may not be a Snowflake, but you are definitely a Musclehead!

Goats are nasty little critters, and I'm not surprised their milk tastes a little strange.

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the blog that you have. I was wondering if you would link my blog to yours and in return I would do the same for your blog. If you want to, my site name is American Legends and the URL is:

www.americanlegends.blogspot.com

If you want to do this just go to my blog and in one of the comments just write your blog name and the URL and I will add it to my site.

Thanks,
David

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home