Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Clark in Flames

If the early mistakes and misteps of the Clark brigade was not enough reason to question his ability to win and to govern, then this surely ought to do the trick. The good general seems to favor amending the Constitution. And what weighty matter warrants such a tinkering with our governing document, you ask? Those pesky flag burners, that's what! I realize that good people may differ on this issue, and I realize that some people fail to grasp that true patriotism is allowing people to express their anger towards their government by burning its penultimate symbol. But this strikes me as nothing short of pandering. I suppose Clark supporters would chalk it up to his status as a military man who fought under the flag. I'm not buying what they're selling- not on their candidate and definitely not on this flag burning amendment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home