Friday, July 11, 2003

Almost There

I am getting closer to an endorsement, though not fully there yet. Still waiting to see what Clark does. Not because I will definitely back him, but because he intrigues me enough to wait and see.
John Kerry's comments about marriage have pretty much eliminated him from my list of choices. For those of you who did not see his remarks to the WaPo editorial board, you can see TNR's take here. In stating his opposition to gay marriage, Kerry claimed that marriage is for the purpose of pro-creation. Ugh. So maybe your marriage to Terry should be null and void then, Senator.
Look, as I have noted before, I realize that none of the serious candidates are where I am on gay marriage. I try to be pragmatic about it and realize that civil unions would be a step in the right direction. However, Kerry's remarks were insulting at best and disingenuous at worst.

(Those astute readers of musclehead, all two or three of you, should now know who it looks like I will be supporting for President.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home