Tuesday, February 25, 2003

Dept. of Burning Questions
Several of my friends have asked why I didn't complete my Ph.D. and look for work in academia (I took the master's and ran). Well, for one the quality of students is on the way down and today's students feel entitled to good grades. They come to campus with a consumerist attitude and expect to be coddled rather than challenged. In addition, there is such a stifling orthodoxy on university campuses. It has created an attitude where truth comes second to feelings.
All of this is leading to something.. a great blog. Erin O'Connor is a professor at the Univ. of Pennsylvania and she covers academia like no one else. The link is over there on my blogroll, but here it is again. If you care at all about the current state of American higher education, check out her site and her links.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home